Saturday, October 14, 2006

#49

"Blue Skies Bring Tears (Pt. 1)"
Smashing Pumpkins
Machina Acoustic Demos

Nmber of listens: |
Stars (out of 5): 3

My awesome friend Anna gave me a copy of the Machina acoustic demos for my birthday a few years back. She has this amazing ability to get her hands on anything and everything music related and I can't even ask her how much Smashing Pumpkins stuff she has because I know I'll be jealous.

Anyway, I am still completely in love with Billy Corgan's voice. This song is just guitar and voice and it's a little flat for much of it, but I have no bad words for it. You just have to imagine him recording this in a room. Just him and the guitar and the microphone. It probably wasn't like that, but it's a good image, eh?

I'm not sure if Part 1 goes along with what is on the studio Machina album or not. I'm not giving much of a listen to the two right now, but I guess they're similar, but not the same??


In the eyes beholding
aspects of arcane pleasure
shaking in our magnet measures
to repair, learn to try

i am your bone shattered
i am your breath seeking
i am your senses creaking
the chandeliers of light

it's about time
it's about fear
blue skies bring tears

flat pools of warm surrender
cruel summer of ancient truth
the search was never-ending
until i lay my claim on you

think not of virgin terrors
think not of your family
rub out the burdened concepts
are you ready to believe

in me this time
it's about fear
blue skies bring tears

ease to the blackened hallway
ascend to the highest height
call to the half-life lovers
drowning in their wells of time

ease down the darkened stairway
to a place that isn't fair
unease the sure-fire captain
drinking you to hell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home