Wednesday, June 27, 2007

#62

"English Country Garden"
The Darkness
One Way Ticket To Hell

Nmber of listens: |
Stars (out of 5): 2


I was so excited when I first heard The Darkness. I think I was in Richmond at the time and my friend and I loved to sing along with the falsetto. Now my opinion on them is just "eh." Take 'em or leave 'em.

This song has some good melodies within, but I think I keep likening them to Scissor Sisters with an edge and I can't stand SS at the moment. This would be a good song for a road trip when you're speeding down a back road.

It was a cigarette break and I was desp...erate
I saw her pushing a wheelbarrow
She said have you got a match? and I said yes
My cock and Farmer Giles' prizewinning marrow

Frolicking in the summer fields were we
I fell for you, and you grew to like me

I carved "U4 me” in the bark of a tree in an English Country Garden
We rolled around, Kissing on the ground, in an English Country Garden
You succumbed to my charms, fell asleep in my arms in an English Country Garden
Beneath the stars above I fell in love in a English Country Garden

Jardin Jardin Jardin Jardin

They did a quiz at the village fete, we came last
Everybody laughed at the two of us
Never seen a bale of hay, move so fast
She was a bonefide forking genius

Frolicking in the autumn fields were we
I cherished you, and you tolerated me

We mucked about when we were mucking out, in an English Country Garden
Took me under your wing when we had our fling, in an English Country Garden
You gave my heart a boost, You ruled the roost, in an English Country Garden
Just as I got broody, you got moody, in an English Country Garden

English Country Garden
English Country Garden

Pulling all the stops, harvesting the crops in an English Country Garden
The uield was meagre, you were far less eager, in an English Country Garden
Seeds we scattered, never really mattered, in a English Country Garden
I saw you leave the farm on another guys arm in a English Country Garden.

Jardin Jardin Jardin Jardin Whooo !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home